On the first of this month, we released reservations for July… and our most popular days (Friday & Saturday) sold out within the first hour! We’re a small restaurant and we recognise that not being able to get your preferred time and date can be a little frustrating, so we thought we’d offer a few pointers:
When are reservations released? The first thing you need to know is that we release our reservations three months in advance, in one month blocks. Sounds complex but it’s very simple. For example, on 1st May we’ll open reservations for the month of August. The second thing you need to know is that reservations are always released at midday. You can’t make a reservation before this time for the month about to be released.
How to make a reservation? There are a few ways you can get a seat at the Chef’s Table or in our Dining Room & Bar:
- Online – definitely the easiest way to make a reservation. You can be online before midday and ready to go! At the strike of 12 noon, it’s only your keyboard skills and the speed of your internet connection that can get in the way.
- Email – send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your reservation. There is only one person monitoring the reservations inbox, and they can only look at, book and reply to one email at a time. This is a great way to book but if you’re keen to reserve a seat at a date and time of your choosing, especially when we release new dates, we recommend that you book online.
- Phone – you can call and reserve seats over the phone, but there is only one phone line and that gets very busy, very quickly! Also, if the first of the month lands on a Saturday or Sunday there wont be anyone at the restaurant to take your call. We all need a few days off.
- In person – If the restaurant is open (we’re closed Sundays & Mondays) then pop in and make a reservation in person. Please be keep in mind that our small team may be busy serving guests, so you may need to wait a little while before we can check and secure your reservation.
Do you have any insider tips on securing your reservation? We certainly do, and luckily none of them require bribery. Below is a list of our top tips when trying to make a reservation on release day:
- Setup a ‘Tock’ account before release day. We use a fantastic online booking system called Tock. When you click the reservations link on our website you will be redirected to our dedicated Tock page. We suggest that you setup an account before release day.
- Be online and ready to book before midday. We recommend that you’re on our Tock page, logged in and ready to book at 11:55. Then once the clock strikes 12, it’s just a case of searching for your desired time and date.
- Don’t panic. The moment you select your preferred time and date, and select the number of seats, Tock will automatically block them for 5 minutes. This gives you plenty of time to complete your booking and secure your reservation.
I can’t book seats at the Chef’s Table? Don’t worry! You can now reserve tables in our new Dining Room & Bar. This informal dining experience, based around sharing plates of tasty seasonal food, in a relaxed atmosphere, is a great way to spend an afternoon or evening.
A polite request. We understand that it can be frustrating when you’re unable to reserve seats for your preferred time and date. Unfortunately, we are a small restaurant with limited space. We try hard to create a level playing field, and our booking system is designed to give everyone a fair chance of joining us for an experience to remember.
Our team will do everything they can to help, however we will not accept rude or abusive behaviour. If you can’t be nice, then you will be blocked from our booking system.